Did you write a few paragraphs about the Transcendentalists?
Did you write a few paragraphs about the Dark Romantics?
Did you include quotes in both sets of paragraphs?
Put it all together:
Introduction: (you may have written this already but didn’t know it)
- Summarize some of the main ideas/beliefs of the American Romantics.
- Mention a few of the different types of Romantics (i.e. Transcendentalists, Dark Romantics).
- Narrow to a thesis which states what main idea you examine in your body paragraphs (intuition, nature, or nonconformity). If you sorta’ talked about all three, write a thesis that compares & contrasts Transcendentalists & Dark Romantics more generically.
- Put Transcendentalists paragraphs first.
- Make sure you have transitions between big ideas -these can be at the beginning or ends of paragraphs – you’re sewing ideas together, so make them flow. (You might even have a transition paragraph summarizing Emerson & Thoreau and previewing Poe!)
- Follow that with Dark Romantic paragraphs on Poe.
- DO YOU HAVE QUOTES & ARE THEY PROPERLY FORMATTED?
- (Dude! This is way bigger than a 5-paragraph essay!)
- (Dude-ette! I know! It’s gonna’ be like 7-10 paragraphs! My. mind. is. blown!)
- Summarize all of your awesome ideas.
- End with an exigency: a Jerry Springer final thought. In the end, what’s the final conclusion about humanity? Are we basically good? Basically evil? Who has it most correct: Transcendentalists with their rainbows and unicorns or Dark Romantics with their bodies in the walls?
- Leave me with a thought to chew on long after I’ve finished your paper. Make me think about something I haven’t already thought about before.
We will be in the lab Tues – Thurs. When you are finished:
- Wait to print.
- Have a peer read over it to check for tiny errors.
- Get some feedback.
- Make sure you have page numbers and that it’s all MLA formatted & pretty.
- Save it to the F: drive (and email or save to jump drive).
- Then print & submit to Borger.
- Find a peer, high-five herm, then say “WOO HOO!” to indicate your happiness at being finished with this awesome task!