Realism Notes: 25 pts
Take notes over the section in your textbook introducing Realism as the next big American philosophy in our country following Romanticism & Transcendentalism (382-395).
- You should have roughly 13 different headings/primary notes with sub-points (there are 13 headings in the section).
- Include information from the text boxes “Elements of Realism” and “Elements of Naturalism.” Be able to distinguish between the two.
- Be able to compare Realism & Naturalism to Romanticism. (You might have to back track in your own notes or look over the Romanticism section in the text to refresh your memory).
- Notes can be fragments – no need to write in complete sentences. Just get the jist of each main heading.
- You will be quizzed on this information.
Romanticism Quotes: 25 pts
In pairs, create a poster that has a quote (and an image) related to the Romantics / Transcendentalists / Dark Romantics (similar to the posters on the walls already representing the Puritans and Rationalists).