For students attending the college-fair at SIU:
- Wear clothes appropriate for the weather tomorrow: 40% chance of rain & high of 51 degrees.
- Wear clothing that you look good in: admissions officers are interviewing you & sizing you up as much as you are interviewing them.
- Be comfortable: no heels, uncomfy dresses, or suits – we will be walking on campus, so wear shoes you can walk in.
- Make me proud and represent yourself and Sparta High School well. We compete on a National level in science, vocational, FFA, FBLA, etc. Mrs. Wirth is one of the top 10 teachers in the State of Illinois. Do not act foolish or make us look bad – this is my home & these are my stomping-grounds. Make a good impression. 🙂
- Bring $$ for lunch – we’ll be eating in the Student Center.
- BUS RULES APPLY: NO FOOD OR DRINK OR CELL PHONES
- Consider questions to ask college admissions officers:
- Questions to Ask College Representatives, via the College Board website (use this survey to help you figure out what your college needs are)
- Questions to Ask During a College Visit, via San Diego University
- Check out this College Fair Checklist
- Go the US Department of Labor Website to check out what credentials you need for your future career-of-choice (if you know what that might be at this point.)
- Have a conversation with a parental-unit / guardian. What questions do you have about college that your teachers at SHS can’t answer?