- Read the biography of Frederick Douglass on page 397 in your text. Take notes / make an outline of the information on this page.
- Copy down the vocabulary terms on page 398.
- Read from Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass (399-403). Find and explain 3 quotes that describe the life of a slave – that use clear, detailed, descriptive language – to persuade us about the dehumanization of slavery. Put quotes in split-quote format.
- Answer questions 1-2 on page 404 of the text after the story.
- Read “My Bondage” on page 413 – find one split-quote from this section (you can add it to the split quotes from the narrative).
- Read the biography of Harriet Jacobs on page 405 in your text. Take notes / make an outline of the information on this page.
- Copy down the vocabulary terms on page 406.
- Read from Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl (407-410). Find and explain 3 quotes that describe either the dehumanization of slavery OR her internal and external conflicts as a slave and mother.
- Answer questions 1-5 on page 411 of the text after the story.
We will quiz over this information and begin a seminar on Monday, 02/06.