We will begin the novel Monday 04/10. It is your responsibility to stay on top of the readings, especially when you are absent. Being absent doesn’t mean you are exempt from homework. As per the syllabus, you will still be responsible for quizzes and homework even when you’re absent.
Consider starting to collect quotes for the Split-Quote assignment which will be due once we are finished reading the novel. You will need a total of 15-20 quotes from throughout the novel. Quotes should cover themes related to friendship, loneliness, or the American Dream. Keep a notebook nearby for quote collecting as you read.
Reading Schedule: Subject to change
- Chapter 1 (pages 1-16), Monday 04/10
- Chapters 2-3 (17-65), Tuesday 04/11-Wednesday 04/12
- Quiz Chapters 1-3, Tuesday 04/18
- Chapter 4 (66-83), Tuesday 04/18
- Chapters 5-6 (84-107), Wednesday 04/19
- Quiz Chapters 4-6, Thursday 04/20
- 15-20 Split-Quotes Due
Friday 04/21Monday 04/24 – worth 100 points
- Seminar Monday 04/24 & Tuesday 04/25: Is George’s final act in the novel an act of friendship or selfishness?